There’s no reason to spend an arm and a leg on car insurance. Here are seven easy ways to reduce your rates:
1. Be cautious on the road: Accidents remain on your record for six years. Cautious drivers with few accidents can expect to receive lower insurance rates.
2. Drive a lower-risk vehicle: Some vehicle models are more popular with thieves, have higher repair costs, or are statistically involved in more accidents than other models. Call us to determine whether the vehicle you’re considering will affect the cost of your insurance.
3. Enroll in driver’s education courses: New drivers who completed a driver’s education course within the last three years pay lower insurance rates.
4. Install an anti-theft system: Even if your insurer doesn’t require it, your vehicle is less likely to be stolen if it is equipped with an anti-theft system. Installing one can lower your insurance rates.
5. Increase your deductible: It’s simple – the higher your deductible, the more you save on your rates. In the event of an accident, you will have to pay a larger portion of the costs with a higher deductible.
6. Group your insurance: By having your home and car insurance with the same insurer, you can receive some benefits and additional savings.
7. Take advantage of public transit: Insurance rates are higher for those who commute by car. Use public transit to get to work and qualify for lower rates.