7 tips to lower your home insurance rate in Canada
Looking to trim costs on your home insurance? Here are seven tips that will help you reduce your rates:
- Get to know your neighborhood: The physical characteristics of your home and its environment have an impact on your rate. Factors such as building age, number of dwellings, terrain and fire protection will influence your premium.
- Install an alarm system: Save money on your home insurance by installing a fire and theft alarm system that is linked to a central surveillance system.
- Raise your deductible: If you are financially able to do so, you may decide to increase the amount of your deductible. A higher deductible will reduce your rate, but you must be prepared to pay it in the case of a claim.
- Maintain a good claim history: Those who have made several claims in the past generally experience higher rates than those who have not.
- Combine your insurance: Receive benefits and savings by having your home and car insurance with the same company.
- Check the contents of your insurance policy: It is a good idea to regularly assess the extent of your coverage and compare it against the value of goods. You may discover that you have more coverage than you need for your possessions.
- Make an inventory: Make a video or take pictures of the inside your dwelling to document your personal belongings. This will help to estimate the value of your belongings and improve the accuracy of the claims process.
Ready to review your home insurance coverage or get a quote? Talk to an AGR Insurance Broker today at 1-800-668-0250. We’ll make sure you’re getting all the discounts you’re eligible for!